Welcome to the (Introduction to Numerical Analysis) Course
In this course, you will be Introduced to several methods of numerical approximation such as error analysis, root finding, interpolation, polynomial approximation and the direct methods for solving linear equations.
During five weeks of the course, you will be learning these methods and compare them as well.
The course is divided into five weeks where each week you will find a set of video lectures posted with a PDF version of lecture notes as well.
You are welcome to take this course if you want to learn and study the numerical analysis methods.
All the quizzes will be 10 multiple choice questions.
* Understand the error analysis and its applications in computational methods.
* Solve a system of linear equations using several methods such as Bisection Method, Fixed-Point Iteration Method and Newton’s Method.
* Use the interpolation and polynomial approximation to develop numerical methods and algorithms.
* Use the direct methods for solving linear equations.
* The ability to use computer software such as Maple to apply several numerical methods and approximations.
* This course is intended for anyone who had a little bit of linear algebra background and the desire to learn.
* If you do not have linear algebra background, please do not worry because I will give a review for linear algebra.
* Basics of Linear Algebra.
* The desire to learn.
This course is also available on the following links: